Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Up Date Cat Anthology


Hello writers,

Arthor and cat lover, Tamara Thorne, has agreed to write the forward for the collection.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamara_Thorne


I am looking for speculative fiction with cats as central to the plot. I lack flash fiction, works of 50 to 1000 words long. I lack sci-fi and I lack fantasy.

I got a lot of fiction slanted for children, and cats talking to shocked people. I am fine with talking cats, it’s that everyone is always shocked.

We’d like to see some of these:

ghost cats,

zombie cat,

Frankenstein monster's cat,

time traveling cats,

pirate cats,

Southern cats,

Russian cats,

Egyptian cats,

Japanese cats,

cats of fate,

cats owned by famous people,

cats living off planet,

cats working in an old age homes.

I’d like poetry. I am open to cover art as well.

We are splitting the profits equally between the writers and me. We close submissions on September 30, 2011. We publish electronically.

Please send subs to: aliceingoreland@yahoo.com
Please state: “Submission: Cats” and title of the work in the subject line.

Name, address and phone number at the top. Spacing between paragraphs is nice. You can send your work as an attachment or in the body of the email.

I almost always get back to you in a week. If I do not care for it I will try and tell you why, and even suggest another place to submit, if I can.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to reading you!

Mari Mitchell

2 comments:

Larry Hodges said...

I submitted a story for the cat anthology on June 30, 2010, about fifteen months ago. I queried about it on Aug. 30, Sept. 12, and Sept. 21, 2010, and on Jan. 19, 2011, but no response to any of my queries. I also posted a comment here asking the status, and again no response.

Kateastrophe said...

I also submitted a story for this collection in June 2010. I got an email back saying the story was being considered, but I never heard from you again. I queried in August, and when I didn't hear back, I sent an email removing it from consideration so I could try other markets. Months later, I saw an update here and commented on it asking about it, but I have never received a response. Is this anthology going to happen? Should I resubmit my story? Please let me know.